I have spent the last number of years working on a range of projects in my different roles. At Cambridge University Press, I worked on projects that were based on spoken language analysis, digital pedagogies, exam preparation, and writing.
For the year 2018-2019 I acted as an Academic Project Advisor on the n the ESRC funded project “The linguistic challenges of the transition from primary to secondary school” under Alice Deignan (PI) at the University of Leeds, UK, 2018-2021. Grant Ref: ES/R006687/1. The project website is available here.
Currently I am involved in two projects that centre on academic writing and the language of academic institutions:
- I am a member of the research team for the project: Identificación y Análisis De Las Estrategias Metadiscursivas En Artículos Científicos En Español E Ingles under PI Mª Luisa Carrió Pastor. Project: FFI2016-77941-P. There are several outputs from this porject which include
- funding to develop the MeTool
- conference funding to present on the project
- funding to organise conferences on academic discourse
- article publications on the project
- I am a member of the research team for an EMI project that is taking place with the University of Cambridge, Cambridge Univeristy Press, la universidad de Murcia, and Coventry Univeristy. This project examines to role of EMI on the University of Murcia and the academic identities of its lecturers. There are three intended publications out of this project:
- 2 x bookchapters
- 1 x article
- I am a member of the research team for the project: Validating a test of English academic words under PI Dr Sophia Skoufaki University of Essex. This is an international project with joint involvement from the University of Essex, Birkbeck College, University of Bath, Beihang University (China), and Coventry University. There are three intended publications out of this project:
- 3 x articles